ECMAS meeting February 12, 2001
[There being no secretary at the time, ECMAS was not in the habit of taking and reading minutes of these general monthly meetings. This write-up was done on a one-time volunteer basis by the girlfriend of the person identified here as Source A. It was never presented to the group or adopted as official minutes, but was supplied to me months later by the president--FC.]
Bob Bouvier Elsie Cable Gary Devries
Rick Fowler Bev Fowler Will Schaffrick
Ferrel Christiansen George McGeough Jiggs Haiden
[Source A] [the girlfriend] Ron Dupuis
Wayne McDonald Lyn Yaremko
Meeting called to order at 7:01pm
The Alberta Justice has acknowledged receipt of the Grant application, and once there has been word on a decision, the board will hear about it.
- Access coordinator amendment to the bill
- Reciprocal access agreement
- Notice of Motion for “exercise of Parenting Time”
- Some coordination of the education act, or dealings with day homes and childcare facilities in order to obtain access or information about one’s child.
presented the opportunity for a second location to hold another weekly support group meeting in
Ferrel suggested having some “information” style presentations for people to attend. He has a list of several contacts that have expressed interest in doing these presentation information sessions.
1. Bob informed people that he is looking for people that have “human rights charter violations”. Bob will give more details as this progresses.
2. The board is meeting on Monday February 26, 6:30pm at [the girlfriend’s] house, to go over the bylaws, make changes and get these done. At last! [the girlfriend’s] address is [address, phone omitted]. Everyone who is able to come is asked to bring a chair, as seating is limited. There is plenty of room for the chairs, just no chairs. [Correction--it was an ad hoc-committee meeting, not one of the ECMAS Board]
3. Rick Fowler, once these bylaws are in place is going to bring them when he meets with Kevin Quayle.
4. Next “Law Day” is Saturday April 21, 2001.
5. Parking at the new meeting location. If you park in the paid parking at the West of the building, remember to bring in your parking pass and stamp it for free parking. The stamp is on the same table where the free coffee is set up.
6. There are Board member positions open, if anyone is interested or knows someone that may be interested or would be a good candidate, please forward your name to Bob Bouvier.
Meeting adjourned at 9:05